#WeekInJustice: Week 117
We started the week off right by enjoying our FIRST PLANNED MONDAY off from Homicide Panel and treated the office to a snack break of pizza and Baird’s homemade cookies. We thought, why not start April’s Employee Appreciation early?
Also, this week in Justice:
- We hosted Attorney General Kris Mayes by introducing her at a town hall regarding a possible grocery merger, a one-on-one meeting, and then introducing her at TPD Headquarters during our third Public Safety Partnership where we meet with the Department of Justice to partner against violent crime and gun violence.
- Chief Deputy Baird Greene and I visited the Crisis Response Center again to refresh ourselves on current demand and to dream big about potential expansion.
- We had a high-level meeting with the leaders of both the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Attorney General’s Office to talk about juvenile policy and prevention.
- We welcomed 30 high level government officials from Travis County Texas studying the unique ways we address mental health in a co-response type of system.
- We traveled to Phoenix to continue to lend our voice, insight, and data to justice bills traveling through the State legislature.
- And we juggled multiple felony criminal trials, and
- Filed a brief with the Arizona Supreme Court on reproductive health.
In other words, another boring, ho hum kind of week at the People’s Office.
To be continued,